Preparing for the Evaluation
- The Evaluation starts at 9 am and typically ends between 3:00-4:00 pm and most often, no later than 5:00 pm. Please do not plan scheduled work or other activities on your evaluation day.
- If you are prescribed medications for ADHD, please Consult with your prescribing doctor prior to your evaluation to discuss withholding your ADHD medication on the evaluation day only. Dr. Houser-Betti prefers to evaluate you when you are NOT taking your ADHD medications BUT please discuss this with your doctor first. Your doctor can advise you further on this matter. If you have any questions, please contact our office as well.
- Try to rest and relax the night before your evaluation and acquire optimal sleep the night before.
- Please eat breakfast the morning of your evaluation. You will likely feel better if you eat a good breakfast prior to your evaluation at 9:00 a.m. and you will be less likely to be distracted by "hunger pains."
- If you drink alcohol, please limit your alcohol intake as much as possible the evening/night before your evaluation.
- If you smoke marijuana, use non-prescribed or illicit drugs, please contact our office to discuss this further. The validity of test results may be significantly compromised in such cases. You do not want to spend an entire day testing to find that your results are invalid and therefore, not helpful in your treatment planning. If you know or suspect that you have a substance use or abuse condition, it is recommended that you receive treatment for this condition prior to testing. Neuropsychological Testing is typically recommended after a 30 day period of abstinence.